I have questions regarding purchases:
1. Can I purchase Lilienthal Berlin watches and straps also in stores? The answer
2. How can I order a watch or strap? The answer
3. I have a voucher code. Where do I enter it? The answer
4. If a watch or strap is shown as sold out, when will more be available? The answer
5. How do I know if my order was successful? The answer
6. How do I know if my order has been sent out? The answer
7. What are the shipping costs? The answer
8. How Long does Shipping Take? The answer
9. Does My Order Ship from Germany or the United States? The answer
10. Can I try on the watch and then return it if necessary? The answer
11. Can I cancel my order immediately? The answer
12. What should I do if the product I ordered is damaged or defective? The answer
13. How will I know when my returned product has arrived? The answer
14. What payment methods are available? The answer
15. What do I need to know about sales tax? The answer
16. I saw a watch on your EU site that isn’t on your US site, Can I place a special order for one?? The answer
I have questions about the watch:
17. How long is the warranty on the watch and strap? And what does it include? The answer
18. Which materials are used to make the watch case? The answer
19. What does 'Made in Germany' really mean? The answer
20. Do all the parts come from Germany? The answer
21. What varieties of movement are used? The answer
22. How does an Automatic Watch Movement Work? The answer
23. How long does the Automatic Watch Movement Last? The answer
24. How do I Activate/Charge the Superluminova? The answer
25. Why isn’t the Chronograph stopwatch hand pointing straight? The answer
26. Are Lilienthal Berlin watches water-resistant? The answer
27. How long will the battery last? The answer
28. How do I change the battery? The answer
29. What type of battery does my watch use? The answer
30. I damaged my watch. How and where can I have it repaired? The answer
31. How do I change the date on my watch? The answer
32. How do I charge my Lilienthal 1 Solar? The answer
I have questions about the straps:
33. What materials are the straps made from? The answer
34. What makes plant-tanning so unique? The answer
35. Can the color of the leather bleed? The answer
36. How long are the straps? The answer
37. Can I switch out the strap of every Lilienthal Berlin watch? The answer
38. How do I change the strap? The answer
39. What Material is the Mesh Strap? The answer
40. How do I adjust the mesh strap length? The answer
41. How do I fasten the Mesh Strap? The answer
42. Can I also use straps by other manufacturers? The answer
43. How long do the straps generally last? The answer
I have questions about the company:
44. How can I submit feedback? The answer
45. I have a blog or website and would like to feature your company. How can I collaborate with Lilienthal Berlin? The answer
46. I have an Instagram channel or and would love to feature your brand. How does a collaboration sound? The answer
47. I want to sell Lilienthal-Berlin watches in my store/on my online-shop, Can I buy them wholesale? The answer
1. Can I purchase Lilienthal Berlin watches and straps also in stores?
We’re currently focusing most of our efforts on online sales however, you can find us in select retail locations such as: BodyBody, Century, and Market at Macys. More to come!
2. How can I order a watch or strap?
You will find a drop-down menu in the upper left corner of this page. This shows an overview of our different models. Select the model you’d like. Once you find the model you’d like, click “shop now.” On the next page you can choose your watch specifics, from case size, strap material and strap color. After that, just click “add to cart”. This will automatically redirect you to your cart for checkout.
If you’re not done shopping just click “continue shopping” under the left-hand side of the items listed in your cart, and you can continue to browse and add more products!
If you’re looking for a strap, you can find our selection from the drop-down menu under “watch straps."
3. I have a voucher code. Where do I enter it?
You have a voucher code? Lucky you! Once you’ve found the perfect style for you, simply click on “Add to cart.” You will then find the “I have a promotion code” box on the following checkout page. When you click on it, a field will appear in which you can enter the code. All you need to do is click “apply,” it’s that easy!
4. If a watch or strap is shown as sold out, when will more be available?
We’re not playing hard to get here, let us see if we can plan a date for later. Simply send us an e-mail at email@example.com with the model you were looking for and we’ll let you know the current status.
5. How do I know if my order was successful?
Once the order process is completed, we will send you a confirmation e-mail. If you don’t hear anything from us within 24 hours, please check your promotional or junk folder. If you haven’t gotten it, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and shipping address. We’ll take care of it. We promise!
6. How do I know if my order has been sent out?
Once your order has processed it will move to our fulfillment team who will create your shipping label. Once the label has been created, you’ll receive an email letting you know we’ve shipped it with a copy of your packing slip and tracking number.
7. What are the shipping costs?
There aren’t any! We take care of shipping!
8. How Long does Shipping Take?
If your item is in stock, it can take up to 48-72 hours to process and ship your order. If you placed an order on Friday and your item is in stock, your order will not ship until the following business week. Once your order has shipped it will be delivered using USPS First Class Mail (Watches) or Fed Ex Home Delivery (Backpacks and Briefcases). During major Holiday seasons transit time may be extended.
How does the backorder process work?
If you happen to order a watch that is backordered, you'll be able to see the expected date that we'll be shipping the item to you below the "Add to Cart" button on the item page, under the item name during checkout, and in your order confirmation email that you receive. The item will ship with USPS First Class Mail (Watches) or Fed Ex Home Delivery (Backpacks and Briefcases) once we are able to fulfill the order for you, so you can expect to have your order a few days after the given backorder date.
If you want to check on the status of the backorder, you can reach our to our customer champions via email or phone; if you have not heard anything from us, then you can assume that the backorder date on your order confirmation is still in place.
9. Does My Order Ship from Germany or the United States?
All orders placed in the US ship from our fulfillment center outside of Philadelphia, PA.
10. Can I try on the watch and then return it if necessary?
As you try it on at home for the first time, you can take a closer look at the watch and proudly show it off to your friends. If it turns out that you don’t like it (for any reason), you can return it within 30 days. Of course, the watch must still be in new, unworn condition.
The same applies to our straps however, they still need to be in a new condition for a return as well. In other words, you may not want to experiment too much with the strap. It may be best to take it easy and keep stunts to a minimum when trying it on.
If you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply send us e-mail at email@example.com that you wish to return the watch and we can arrange for you to send it for a refund through our returns portal. You may also visit our returns page to begin the returns process yourself through our returns portal to obtain a mailing label.
11. Can I cancel my order immediately?
While we’d be disappointed to see you cancel, you can request a full cancellation of your order prior to shipping. If you haven’t yet received a shipment confirmation, you can contact us to cancel your order.
In the event your order has already shipped, simply wait for the package to arrive and then send it back to us. All you’ll need to do once it arrives, is e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll arrange for a return.
12. What should I do if the product I ordered is damaged or defective?
Only after following a rigorous quality control test do we send out each of our watches and straps. However, if something is wrong with it, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com with a photo and description of the problem. We’ll resolve the issue immediately for you and find a quick and easy solution.
13. How will I know when my returned product has arrived?
It couldn’t be any easier. We’ll send you a confirmation e-mail upon receipt!
Occasionally, this can take several days. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, then please check in your spam folder. If there’s no confirmation e-mail there either, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to check on the status for you.
One more thing. Make sure you have a copy of your order number for the return. If the package has gotten lost on its way to us, we can more easily find it, using the order number on the packing slip you receive with your watch.
14. What payment methods are available?
You can choose to pay using Credit Card and PayPal.
15. What do I need to know about sales tax?
We are required by state and federal authorities to collect sales tax during checkout. Based on your location you will be charged the state and county defined sales tax rate. We collect and remit these tax payments at the specific periods as defined by the state of Pennsylvania. For further information please refer to the recent ruling in the South Dakota vs. Wayfair case.
16. I saw a watch on your EU site that isn’t on your US site, Can I place a special order for one?
Absolutely! We want you to be able to enjoy all the watch options that Lilienthal Berlin offers.
When placing a special order please note the following: all sales are final, order will follow EU pricing, and there will be extended shipping times. Once your watch is received at our US fulfillment center, we’ll give it a quality check then ship it to you free with USPS First Class Mail. If you’d like your watch more quickly, for an additional fee we will send it with express shipping.
To place a special order please contact our service team at email@example.com. Please specify the model that you’d like to special order. One of our customer champions will reach out to confirm the model, pricing, and give you an estimated arrival time.
17. How long is the warranty on the watch and strap? And what does it include?
The warranty covers any potential manufacturing defects and applies to both the watch and the strap. The warranty period of 24 months begins at time of purchase. During this period, we will rectify any defects free of charge.
The warranty does not cover batteries, wear and tear of the case, glass and strap, or damage resulting from improper use (e.g. accident, broken glass, water damage, disconnected crown, mishandling while changing the battery).
All replaced watches will come with an extended 12-month limited warranty from time of replacement and will be based on the terms and conditions above.
In the event you do experience an issue with your watch or strap, please contact our service team at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue and they can help get the warranty process started.
18. Which materials are used to make the watch case?
We only use high-quality materials for all our products. The case is made from sand-blasted 316L surgical stainless steel, which is especially pure, anti-allergenic, exceptionally sturdy, and pleasant to wear.
The watch is protected by sapphire-hardened mineral glass. Put simply, the base layer of mineral glass is reinforced with an additional layer of sapphire glass, which ensures great visibility regardless of the situation, and protects it from scratches…unless you go out of your way to damage it.
19. What does 'Made in Germany' really mean?
In concrete terms, it means that our products are designed, manufactured, and undergo quality testing in Germany. We work with partners from all over our local community. Our dials come from small factories in the Black Forest region and the straps from factories near Frankfurt. We source the required leather from Ecopell, a company based in Germany that works only with leather from German raised cattle. The watches are assembled in Pforzheim and the packaging is also produced in Germany using eco-friendly materials.
20. Do all the parts come from Germany?
We source many components from abroad. The movement comes from Swiss manufacturer Ronda. We use it not only because of their high quality, but also because there aren’t any German suppliers of quartz movement. We source a few other components from Asia, where our partners deliver a level of quality that is just impossible to match, even here in Germany.
21. What varieties of movement are used?
Tried and tested Swiss technology comes into play here. We use high-precision, ultra-flat Slimtech quartz movements with a separate second hand. It’s exceptionally precise, doesn’t require any maintenance, and is so flat that we can design an attractively thin case around it.
In our automatic models, we use a Swiss automatic movement R150 from Ronda which can be viewed through the glass case back. Composed of twenty-five jeweled stones, the smooth running of the mechanism can be guaranteed. A Swiss lever escapement ensures the highest precision of timekeeping. Another highlight of the automatic, is the silver rotor engraved with the Lilienthal Berlin logo. The watch is kept running by the natural movement of the wearer. Thanks to a power reserve of up to 38 hours, the Zeitgeist Automatik continues to run even if it is not worn for a while.
22. How does an Automatic Watch Movement Work?
“Automatic” is just another term for “self-winding”, meaning the watch winds itself using a weight inside the watch, that oscillates to put tension on the mainspring through the random motion of the watch wearer’s arm. Batteries not included or needed! And you don’t have to risk carpal tunnel syndrome by winding them every morning using the crown either!
23. How long does the Automatic Watch Movement Last?
The automatic movements have a power reserve of up to 38 hours and is dependent upon the length and activity of the user. The longer and more active you are wearing your watch the longer it will charge the power reserve. If you are only wearing the watch for short periods of time or being dormant while wearing it, the watch won’t be able to get the proper charge to the power reserve and may need to be set more frequently.
24. How do I Activate/Charge the Superluminova?
The watches are coated with what’s called superluminova. While they await you in their box, they don’t get the chance to be charged, so they will need to be charged once you receive them.
Superluminova coating must be consistently charged with light in order to work. To charge it, please place it under direct light for a few hours. UV/LED is recommended as the best source of light. Your watch should then glow in the dark!
With Superluminova, the longer your watch is exposed to a light source, the longer it glows. As the Superluminova is a non-radioactive coating, the glowing will faint during the day if your watch is not regularly exposed to light. This also means that the glowing will not persist over a long period of time (i.e. the entire night).
25. Why isn’t the Chronograph stopwatch hand pointing straight?
We apologize that this has happened but no worries, it’s an easy fix using the steps below!
First, pull the crown out all the way to the last position. Next, push your top and bottom buttons in together at the same time. Doing so will rotate the second hand once. Finally, keep pushing your top button until it is positioned back to exactly 12. Please note, each push of the top button will move the stopwatch hand forward one second around the dial.
For example, if your stopwatch hand is stopping at 11:55, you should only need 5 pushes of the top button to set the hand to the 12 position.
26. Are Lilienthal Berlin watches water-resistant?
All Lilienthal Berlin watches are water-resistant up to 5 ATM (50 meters), which means they can withstand splashes of water and you can wash your hands without a worry. While our watches are water resistant, we do not recommend taking them in water as the leather strap can be damaged.
27. How long will the battery last?
On average, a new battery will keep the watch running for about 18-24 months.
If you’re not wearing the watch, you can pull out the crown to help extend the battery life.
28. How do I change the battery?
We always recommend taking the watch to a professional locally. Changing the battery requires special tools and improper use can damage the watch. No worries a professional should be able to easily handle it!
You may also send it back to us for a small fee!
Please note any damage to the watch or movement incurred during improper handling when changing the battery by the user, would result in a full void of the warranty.
29. What type of battery does my watch use?
Depending on your model your watch will use one of the following:
Chronograph: Button Cell 392/384 / SR41SW/SR41W
Classic: Button Cell 321 / SR616SW
Coffee Watch: Button Cell 379 / SR5215W
Huxley: Renata 362 / SR721SW
Lilienthal 1: Button Cell 321 / SR616SW
Rosalux: Button Cell 364 / SR621SW
Urbania: Button Cell 364 / SR621SW
XL1: Button Cell 371 / SR920SW
30. I damaged my watch. How and where can I have it repaired?
We want you to enjoy your watch for years to come and have subsequently designed them to be robust. Still, if your watch has somehow become damaged, sends us an e-mail to email@example.com with a photo and a description of the problem. Our watchmakers will complete a damage assessment of the watch and provide a quote for a repair.
31. How do I change the date on my watch?
Whether you have our Chronograph, Huxley or Zeitgeist Automatic, changing the date is simple and easy. Pull the crown out to the 1st position. Turn the crown until the correct date is displayed in the center of the display window. Push the crown back into the normal position
32. How do I charge my Lilienthal 1 Solar?
Your Lilienthal 1 Solar should be charged under direct (strong) sunlight. 4 hours or more will be enough to fully charge the watch. Please understand that due to the Earth’s distance from the Sun these effects may be lessened in winter months and will need prolonged exposure.
You can also use other sources of indoor light however they will need about 48 hours of exposure.
Once charged, your charge will last approximately 3-4 months. If you notice that the second hand starts skipping, then you know it needs to be charged again. Ideally, we recommend you should charge it for a short time each day to prevent it ever running out of juice.
33. What materials are the straps made from?
For all the cow lovers out there, it’s time to be brave: the straps are made entirely of cowhide leather! This leather is plant-tanned in Germany, and the straps are manufactured from start to finish in Germany. Our partners also take the principle 'Made in Germany' very seriously: even the thread and the adhesive used, come from Germany!
34. What makes plant-tanning so unique?
No heavy metals, chromium, or any other harmful substances are used in the treatment process. We also avoid additional chemical sealing, which is not only better for the environment, but also makes the leather especially allergy friendly. Plant-tanning also maintains the natural breathability quality for exceptional comfort. Incidentally, each strap is truly unique: because it’s a natural product, each piece looks a little different. The leather also develops an individual patina over time for an individual look.
35. Can the color of the leather bleed?
Only in exceptional cases and only the straps with vibrant color (currently only red). If these straps become very wet and are pressed with a great deal of force, some of the color may bleed, which is why we recommend taking the strap off when showering, bathing, or perspiring excessively. If it does happen to get wet, keep it away from your clothes and allow it to dry. If the color bleeds onto your skin, you can rest assured that we only use entirely safe natural dyes that can be removed easily using just a little soap and water.
The straps can be adjusted between 155 and 215 mm (6.1 - 8.4 inches), so the watch will fit just about any size wrist.
37. Can I switch out the strap of every Lilienthal Berlin watch?
Yes, and it’s easy! All our watches, whether big or small, are designed for use with the same 20mm interchangeable straps, so you can select your strap to match your mood, special occasion, or your outfit!
38. How do I change the strap?
You’ll find a small pin on the reverse side of both halves of the strap. Carefully press the pin inwards and remove the strap with ease. If you want to attach an interchangeable strap, all you must do is…are you ready? repeat the same steps, but in reverse!
If you still can’t figure it out, we have a handy guide at the bottom right of our straps page to help you out.
39. What Material is the Mesh Strap?
The elegant mesh strap is made from finely woven 316L stainless steel, meaning that it’s flexible and smooth to wear but also extremely durable!
40. How do I adjust the mesh strap length?
Place a small screwdriver into the square hole on the clasp and loosen the clasp by carefully prying it upwards from the holder.
Now you can move the clasp. Use the grooves on the underside of the strap until you find the desired length.
Once you have the desired length, secure the clasp. To do so, press down the lever until it snaps back into place in its original position.
41. How do I fasten the Mesh Strap?
Hang the two hooks on the underside of the buckle onto the bar of the clasp mechanism at the other end of your watch strap. Press the clasp cover down and secure with the smaller clasp cover.
42. Can I also use straps by other manufacturers?
If you think you can find straps nicer than ours somewhere else, then go for it! While very few are equipped with a change mechanism, any watchmaker or jeweler can attach a new strap to the watch in no time.
43. How long do the straps generally last?
It’s different from one person to the next and depends on many usage factors. Leather straps tend to last at least one to two years, after which time they should be replaced. Even though our straps are extremely robust, certain signs of aging and wear are unavoidable.
44. How can I submit feedback?
Do you have an idea for a new watch that we should develop for you? Are you looking for a new strap? Or would you just like to recommend a new pizza shop? Wonderful! We’re always happy to receive any criticism, suggestions, or opinions. Feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
45. I have a blog or website and would like to feature your company. How can I collaborate with Lilienthal Berlin?
We’ll find a way to make it happen. Please contact our PR agency and provide a brief description of your blog or website. Simply send the e-mail to email@example.com and a member of our team will review your information.
46. I have an Instagram channel or and would love to feature your brand. How does a collaboration sound?
Well of course! In that case, contact us directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will review your information.
47. I want to sell Lilienthal-Berlin watches in my store/on my online-shop. Can I buy them wholesale?
Absolutely! To learn how you can become a selling-partner of Lilienthal-Berlin, please send your information to email@example.com and a member of our team will review your information.